Monday, January 30, 2006

Sand Dunes can get Interesting

Another time, another day, right? Isn't that what "they" say? Sometimes I want time to just go on and on, so fast that no one realizes what's happening. And then it hits me. That is exactly what's going on, and for some reason it doesn't sound so appealing anymore. I always get older people looking down on me, saying "Your high school years will be the best years of your life" Hmm. Honestly, I don't agree that those can even be compared, they are much too different in my eyes. Maybe, maybe not. Who knows. Maybe I am just some "Youngster" that has yet to know the real world. What, exactly, is the real world? Paying taxes? Hanging up your shoes to dry and fighting with the person you were supposed to be with the rest of your life? Going through life as usual, jobs, cars, houses, kids? Maybe that's the real world. But right now, I am going outside to sit in the dusk. Crisp whisping motions and movement. Sounds of the evening seeping into the air. Soft bubbling stream gone to dry. This is my world.


I'm sittin' on a citadel/Contemplating life/Making a point to waste my time /I'm walking on clouds Of white /What if I fall/What if I don't/ What if I never make it home/What if I bleed/What if I break/ And I find that I can't take The city below the citadel /Holding my own hand? Sittin' alone/ Holdin' on to something /That's keepin'me from jumpin'/So afraid to go in alone/Holdin up this fortress/With imaginary forces/Longing for a life down below

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home